cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit monitoring/scores

tag
pc911714

credit monitoring/scores

We are thinking about buying a house and want to make sure our FICO's are OK. I have pulled all score and have disputed a couple items. What is the best company for credit monitoring that would allow me to check my score anytime. I also would like to know after disputes have be settled, how long till my score goes up?
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: credit monitoring/scores

The only credit bureau is Equifax but the scores are only for Equifax. Here is the best thing that I do. For $ 14.95 a month you can use www.truecredit.com  The report is right on but the scores are way off. When you see that the disputed items have all been removed from all three credit bureaus, then use www.myfico.com   I knmow that it costs $ 47.85 but it's accurate. making soem sacrifices, such as spending a little on your score, will be very rewarding. Now if you just want to use Equifax, there monthly fee is $ 9.95   www.equifax.com
Message 2 of 32
CreditBob
Established Contributor

The scores will go up when the credit bureaus show their updates. So when you see the changes online you can be sure that the score will be different. One other thing, keep a few dollar balance on all your credit cards ($ 10.00 balance on each), thta will help you achieve a higher fico score
Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also google "Myfico discount code" for the 20% off coupon.

You can search "walmart link" in the forums to get a discounted Truecredit monitoring.

Amex also has one that I am trying out.
Message 4 of 32
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus
Message 5 of 32
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can search "walmart link" in the forums to get a discounted Truecredit monitoring.

CreditSecure is the Cadillac if you want daily monitoring. No 24+1 nonsense. Must have an AMEX account to use it.
Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CreditSecure is the Cadillac if you want daily monitoring. No 24+1 nonsense. Must have an AMEX account to use it.

the one thing I don't like about is that it does not do a very good job of matching up accounts from each CRA. Something i don't have an issue with TC.
Message 7 of 32
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Yep. I've heard that complaint.
Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the link for credit secure? Thanks. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 32
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the link for credit secure? Thanks. Smiley Happy

https://www124.americanexpress.com/cards/loyalty.do?page=creditsecure
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.