Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit repair help

tag
boosted
New Contributor

credit repair help

My credit is in very bad shape and I need some long-term help. My highest score is 536 from EQ. Today I made a few phone calls to the collection agencies one bill was for 434.00. I asked and begged for them to remove the report from my file if I pay in full or settled for 50%, the person said they cannot remove it, so I went along with the settlement amount for 163.00 for two payments my first payment is tomorrow. Did I go about this PFD thing all wrong? Should I just send the letters to the creditors instead of calling?  

TransUnion

Experian

Equifax

TOTAL ACCOUNTS:

OPEN ACCOUNTS:

CLOSED ACCOUNTS:

DELINQUENT:

DEROGATORY:

BALANCES:

PAYMENTS:

PUBLIC RECORDS:

INQUIRIES (2 years):

Second PFD letter sent out on 12/2/13/ Still waiting on a response.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: credit repair help

Paying will do you little good. Did you tell them you won't pay unless they delete?

Message 2 of 7
boosted
New Contributor

I asked the person “if I PIF or settle for 50% will you delete my file from my report and she said she can’t and that the only thing I can do is settle or PIF”.

I should have sent the letter instead of calling right?

Is this something that i have to keep pounding at them?

Message Edited by boosted on 06-13-2007 07:06 PM
Message 3 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Talk to someone else. Let them know you will not pay without PFD.
Message 4 of 7
boosted
New Contributor

I can't do anything now because i already gave them my Prepaid CC infomation so i have to pay. I have another CC bil thats 143.00 I will give them a call today and try with them.

Message 5 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

boosted wrote:
I can't do anything now because i already gave them my Prepaid CC infomation so i have to pay. I have another CC bil thats 143.00 I will give them a call today and try with them.

DOH! Ok, let us know how the other one goes.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get my score high 660 by the end of Aug. 2007? I need it to buy this house I want. I have paid off alot of mine collections accounts. And paying on time on my car payments. My car payment will be finished in Oct. 2007. And I just got 2 new credit cards to improve my score. What other things can I do?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.