Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit report lists "credit limit" as $0

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit report lists "credit limit" as $0

hi all -- my wife and i are currently trying to pre-qualify for a home loan, and now i have become obsessed with our credit reports. Smiley Happy while reviewing our reports from Equifax, i noticed a couple Citibank credit cards -- one mine, one hers, both of which have $20k-plus limits -- show up as "Credit Limit: $0" on both reports. (i have not yet checked Transunion or Experian to see if it's the same.) nevertheless, on at least one report, each of our cumulative credit limits is lower than it should be, which, from what i've read so far, doesn't help our scores. my question: is this common, and is it easy to fix?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit report lists "credit limit" as $0

These cards are likly "no pre-set limit" cards-

FICO will use the High balance in place of the empty CL.

Is it easy to fix? Depends on how much time you have:
You may be able to call and get them to post the CL for 1 cycle-

You can product change to different non-world card.

montster wrote:
hi all -- my wife and i are currently trying to pre-qualify for a home loan, and now i have become obsessed with our credit reports. Smiley Happy while reviewing our reports from Equifax, i noticed a couple Citibank credit cards -- one mine, one hers, both of which have $20k-plus limits -- show up as "Credit Limit: $0" on both reports. (i have not yet checked Transunion or Experian to see if it's the same.) nevertheless, on at least one report, each of our cumulative credit limits is lower than it should be, which, from what i've read so far, doesn't help our scores. my question: is this common, and is it easy to fix?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh this is my problem too. My CL is $6500, and it's listed as $0 on my credit report on all 3 of them. I read somewhere from the forums, someone said it does hit the score due to utilization calculations. You take the balance divided by the CL, the higher the percentate the lower score you'll get. I'm here to learn how to solve this, so plz share if you have any advices.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is your $6500 CL with?  AMEX? Cap One?  Someone else?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boscoe
I have with citibank, but I called them yesterday and talked to the supervisor. She said it was an error. She'll correct it right away and send me a letter to confirm it. so i'm hoping it will be updated soon.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Boscoe
I have with citibank, but I called them yesterday and talked to the supervisor. She said it was an error. She'll correct it right away and send me a letter to confirm it. so i'm hoping it will be updated soon.

can i ask what number you called? i've called three different Citi numbers and each person has referred me to Equifax to dispute it.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
These cards are likly "no pre-set limit" cards-

FICO will use the High balance in place of the empty CL.

Is it easy to fix? Depends on how much time you have:
You may be able to call and get them to post the CL for 1 cycle-

You can product change to different non-world card.
disregard my previous posts. you are right, i didn't notice it was a "world" card and has a limit that doesn't get reported. sorry about that.

Message Edited by montster on 08-20-2008 10:22 PM
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the customer service #, and I speaked to this lady first. But she couldn't help me, so she transferred me to her supervisor.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.