Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit score

I believe my credit score is probably low.  All my credit cards are maxed out.  I am considering selling my house and purchasing a much cheaper one.  What are my chances of getting a mortgage?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: credit score

cba wrote:
I believe my credit score is probably low.  All my credit cards are maxed out.  I am considering selling my house and purchasing a much cheaper one.  What are my chances of getting a mortgage?

The very first thing it tp pull all 3 credit reports and scores, (for you and DW/DH if applicable) and see exactly where you are.

You can get one free CR from each agency every year, but it does not have your score, and you need your score
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit score

As long as you are not late, once you pay back your credit cards, score goes WAY UP right after you pay off your CCs!!! But if you intend to buy a house right away with out paying off debt from the sale of your house, I would discuss this with your mortgage broker. Low credit scores alone will not kill a mortgage opp. Being late, missing payments, this will effect it.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 07-16-2007 06:25 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.