Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit score?

tag
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Re: credit score?

BofA secured card minimum to open is 300.00$ there website has all the info... goodluck

Message 11 of 23
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

For someone with no credit history it takes 6 months to establish a credit score in most cases 

^ This one!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 12 of 23
CJIII29
Regular Contributor

Ok In 6 months could I get a auto loan? Is that reasonable goal?

Chase Slate Credit Card $1500 credit limit Best Buy Credit
Card $2000 credit limit Amazon Store Card $2100 credit limit .

My Fico scores: Experian 710, Equifax, 702, Transunion 716.
Message 13 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@CJIII29 wrote:

Ok In 6 months could I get a auto loan? Is that reasonable goal?

Sorry Getting back to you 

Yes BofA graduates but will require a HP

Yes 6 months of History will get you scores now what those scores will be +/- and will it be enough for an auto loan is anyone's guess ....sorry

But with a good down payment I would think so.YMMV

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 23
CJIII29
Regular Contributor

I will try to have $2000 to $3000 for a downpayment. I will be looking for something in the $10,000 range.

Message 15 of 23
makolli
New Visitor

Hello - since you are answering questions on how long it takes to build credit, I am wondering if someone can provide a time frame of how long it takes to rebuild credit. In a nutshell, I recently graduated from a Master's program, and now I am seriously in debt. While I was in grad school, I lived off my credit cards and opened new cards once the old accounts were at the limit. Now I have a job and want to get back on track. As recommended, I got my 3 in one credit report, thoroughly checked out my credit history, and paying off as much as I can. What is a reasonable amount of time to fix my debt situation and raise my credit score? I am looking to buy my first home in the near future. Thanks!

Message 16 of 23
CJIII29
Regular Contributor

Might be 6 months to a year.

Message 17 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@makolli wrote:

Hello - since you are answering questions on how long it takes to build credit, I am wondering if someone can provide a time frame of how long it takes to rebuild credit. In a nutshell, I recently graduated from a Master's program, and now I am seriously in debt. While I was in grad school, I lived off my credit cards and opened new cards once the old accounts were at the limit. Now I have a job and want to get back on track. As recommended, I got my 3 in one credit report, thoroughly checked out my credit history, and paying off as much as I can. What is a reasonable amount of time to fix my debt situation and raise my credit score? I am looking to buy my first home in the near future. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!

It all depends if you have any negatives (chargeoffs, collections) from those debts, or whether it's all just sitting out there and you've made the payments all on time.  

If it's the first, it's going to be variable and I highly recommend checking out the Rebuilding forum for strategies on approaching them; if it's the second, then it's just a matter of paying down your credit card debt and you'll likely be everywhere you need to be mortgage wise.

        
Message 18 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CJIII29 wrote:

I will try to have $2000 to $3000 for a downpayment. I will be looking for something in the $10,000 range.

That will be fine for an auto loan in that time frame assuming you can prove income (2 paystubs or whatever).

Auto loans are the easiest of all loan types to get, and I do applaud your getting a second secured credit card (I also recommend the BOFA card, best in the industry currently and the inquiry isn't a big deal) and opening up a secured installment loan.  As MyJ suggests, that's a very good credit building profile!

        
Message 19 of 23
CJIII29
Regular Contributor

Ok thanks I can prove income, I work for the city.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.