Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit utilization question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit utilization question

just a quick a question im currently at a 46% uti on one of my credit cards and i just paid it down to 11% will i see a decent score increase? if so any rough estimates on how many points could be gained? i also just paid off my only collection account in full on friday so hopefully im on the right track.  current experian score is at 667 because of that collection and a few hard inquires. thanks 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit utilization question

It's going to be very hard for someone to specifically give you an idea of how much of a credit score increase you will see, as there are MANY factors that will change the result.

Ideally, you want to ensure you are at 9% Utilization or Lower, but you are definately heading in the right direction! It's just inches away!

I see the wording state ' one of my credit cards ', what is the utilization for everything else? Make sure you bring down any other open credit lines as well.

Always good to have only one credit card showing a balance of 9% or lower, and the rest at 0 balance.

How old is the collection that you paid off? Did you attempt a PFD ( Pay for Delete ) ? If not, you may want to begin sending out GW ( Goodwill ) Letters to the Collection Agency in regards to removing the collection from reporting.

Few additional steps to try and increase your credit scores!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit utilization question

i have 3 credit cards and they are both are at 0 this is my only card with a balance. and yes i tried to do a pay for delete and they refused so i just went ahead and paid it in full to stop the phone calls and fear of being sued. the collection account was from 2011 but they had just put it on my report 11 months ago so it was still pretty fresh

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.