Did you mean: 

deleting Inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: deleting Inquiries

@smallfry wrote:
Can you say Fraud Alert?

Can an FA turn around and hurt you with current lenders? They do monthly reviews and stuff. I wanted to do an FA since someone else has been pulling my credit. I am going to do a freeze as soon as my last account hits my CR. I would love to do an FA too. Just worried my lenders might take away credit if they feel my identity was at risk. Am I wrong to worry? Might an FA scare my lenders?

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-31-2007 10:51 PM
Message 11 of 20
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:
Can you say Fraud Alert?

Can an FA turn around and hurt you with current lenders? They do monthly reviews and stuff. I wanted to do an FA since someone else has been pulling my credit. I am going to do a freeze as soon as my last account hits my CR. I would love to do an FA too. Just worried my lenders might take away credit if they feel my identity was at risk. Am I wrong to worry? Might an FA scare my lenders?

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-31-2007 10:51 PM

Yep.. I have seen accounts closed by lenders over a FA.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tuscani wrote:
Disputing Inqs is bad voodoo. DON'T DO IT.

Please elaborate.

Dangers of disputing "valid inq's from accounts that you currently have. If you dispute the inq, the lender can think it was fraud, delete/close your account. Or just close it out of spite. I don't want to do anything that might anger my lenders that are so generous to give me credit. I do however send letters to lenders to GW remove the inq's I get denied from. I do not for those I am approved for. I know there are other reasons but don't know them. But the lenders get quite upset when you do this. If other people know more, please post. I have never disputed a "valid" inq as not mine.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-31-2007 09:22 PM

Ah. Thanks. Not disputing a valid TL Inq, disputing an Inq from a CA who does not own any debt of mine that I know about.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump!

I know this is a really old thread, but I'd love some advice if anyone cares to share.  Would anyone consider it bad voodoo to GW CAs that did hard inquiries when the OC sold the account to them?  The consensus is that they are PP, so I don't want to dispute them, just do GW requests.  I have about 15 hard inquiries from CAs that will fall off in a little less then two years, and stop being factored into my score in a little less then one.  Some of these are repeats (one CA pulled 3 times).

I need to secure an auto loan and new apartment in May.  I have a well-rounded attack plan for all the other negative items on my report (and have already had success.  Woot!).  But 15 hard inquiries is A LOT.  

Anyone had good or bad experience with a similar situation?

Thank you!

My Credit Saga;

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tuscani wrote:
Disputing Inqs is bad voodoo. DON'T DO IT.

Please elaborate.

Dangers of disputing "valid inq's from accounts that you currently have. If you dispute the inq, the lender can think it was fraud, delete/close your account. Or just close it out of spite. I don't want to do anything that might anger my lenders that are so generous to give me credit. I do however send letters to lenders to GW remove the inq's I get denied from. I do not for those I am approved for. I know there are other reasons but don't know them. But the lenders get quite upset when you do this. If other people know more, please post. I have never disputed a "valid" inq as not mine.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-31-2007 09:22 PM

Any luck with that?

Thanks

CB

Message 15 of 20
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

For what it may be worth, ( in this old mans eyes ), I disputed a hard inquiry about 18 months ago with a local bank who had my mortgage at the time.  I did not authorize them to check my credit for anything.  I think they made a mistake, and pulled a hard instead of a soft inquiry,  while just checking me out for whatever reason.  My credit with them was perfect, never any missed or late payments on my account.  I disputed it for several months.  In fact, I made a down right pest of myself.  As, I see it,  I am not going to pay for the points lost on my score for someone else's mistake.  I say, if its wrong, dispute, dispute dispute, if you feel you are right.  I know some wont agree with this, but it is how each individual feels about it, and if they want to make it right. Anyhow, in the end, I won and it was finally removed.  As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.  Smiley Happy
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 16 of 20
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:
For what it may be worth, ( in this old mans eyes ), I disputed a hard inquiry about 18 months ago with a local bank who had my mortgage at the time.  I did not authorize them to check my credit for anything.  I think they made a mistake, and pulled a hard instead of a soft inquiry,  while just checking me out for whatever reason.  My credit with them was perfect, never any missed or late payments on my account.  I disputed it for several months.  In fact, I made a down right pest of myself.  As, I see it,  I am not going to pay for the points lost on my score for someone else's mistake.  I say, if its wrong, dispute, dispute dispute, if you feel you are right.  I know some wont agree with this, but it is how each individual feels about it, and if they want to make it right. Anyhow, in the end, I won and it was finally removed.  As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.  Smiley Happy

Many things come down to what feels right for YOU. Sometimes it turns out to be a bad decision but life is full of those. All we can do is try not to make the same mistakes too many times.

Message 17 of 20
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

marinevietvet wrote:

Many things come down to what feels right for YOU. Sometimes it turns out to be a bad decision but life is full of those. All we can do is try not to make the same mistakes too many times.

At 68 yrs of age I am very much aware of that.  However, I find that when I rely on my gut feelings, I am usually right.  Smiley Happy

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 18 of 20
Cstl05
Contributor

Quick question why does EX show 8 inquiries while TU only shows 4?  Is it normal for them to be a bit different?
Chase Sapphire Reserve/Chase Sapphire Preferred/Ritz Carlton/Chase Freedom/Amex Blue Cash/Discover IT/Capital One Quicksilver/Bank of America Cash Rewards/Citi Costco/Citi Double Cash/Barclay Apple Rewards
Message 19 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

gl4662 wrote:
Quick question why does EX show 8 inquiries while TU only shows 4?  Is it normal for them to be a bit different?

Different lenders pull different CRA's. TU is probably the least used of the three bureaus, so you'll generally have fewer inqs there.

Also, TU is more apt than the others to, ummm, misplace inquiries early.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.