Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deletion of judgment and collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

deletion of judgment and collections

how long does it take to see a difference in FICO once i received the letter stating some of my items were deleted from my report?  i had a $5000 judgement removed as well as 7 collectionss.  any idea on how many points increase i might can expect? 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: deletion of judgment and collections

It can can 30+ days before the items are actually removed from your reports.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you do get your report let us know what happened. It's nice to see hard work and loyalty paying off.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that awesome! That should affect your score tremendously!!! 7 collections removed and a $5000 judgement! That's a blessing be sur going forward to keep perfect credit because blessing like that don't come very often!!!

If you got the letter from the credit bureau then that particular bureau should have updated your score.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you getting the judgements and collections removed.  I am in the same position.  Actually I had the judgement removed over 6mths ago and once I finished paying them 1/07 and the paperwork was sent to the courts the judgements reappared on my cr's.  I had 3 accounts in collections and up until the end of March 07 on some cr some were removed and others were reclassified.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, can you let us know what methods are you using to remove your collections and judgments.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 2 judgements removed from my EX report today, I pulled my report and my score only went up 6 points Smiley Sad but at least they are off. I hope you have better luck then I did.

Good Luck Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.