Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between scores

tag
buggle
New Contributor

difference between scores

If you take one credit file, and run it through the three scoring algorythyms will you end up with the same score each time?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: difference between scores

Yes, providing both data and algorythms are identical. If either is differnet the answer is no.
FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 4
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@buggle wrote:
If you take one credit file, and run it through the three scoring algorythyms will you end up with the same score each time?

Hi buggle,

In my experience, my scores have never come out the same. I have a long and varied credit history, however, so there is a wide variety of accounts. Not all accounts are on all 3 reports...so that can vary things.

Also, there is a difference in how various TLs are reported and calculated. An AmEx charge card, for example, that does not have a credit limit will be reported differently by TU than it is by EQ and EX.

Those are just some examples, but my scores usually vary.

Message 3 of 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@buggle wrote:

No. Most likely you will end up with different scores. The models used by the three different CRB's are not the same.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.