Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different accounts with different agency's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

different accounts with different agency's

Equifax shows 5 less accounts reported than Trans & Experian, which has a smaller score because of "short credit history" How can you get those missing accounts on my Equafax file added??? Do I have to call those 5 creditor's and ask them to report it to Equafax (accounts are closed though) or do I contact Equafax and ask them to add them based from the other two agency. Has anyone tried dealing with this scenario???
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: different accounts with different agency's

You won't get anywhere by going through EQ.  They only report what creditors report to them.  If you have an account not reporting to EQ, you'll have to go to the creditor and ask them to report it.  They may be less likely to report an account if it's closed, but it never hurts to ask!

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Message 2 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, go ahead and ask, but b/c they are closed and it costs money for the creditor to report, it doesn't make good economic sense to the creditor. You might just get lucky though.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, going through the creditor will usually work better.   I have an outstanding request open with EQ just for this reason.  I had a closed AMEX account simply disappear in December and I need that back (was opened in '95, so really helps the age of the file).

It is not acceptable that EQ is randomly dropping off closed accounts for people.   At least we know EX won't do that! 
Message 4 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Boscoe, I lost an MBNA account that I had paid perfectly for four years. Suddenly, it went poof from all three about a year after I foolishly closed it!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

There is a known issue with EQ losing closed accounts. This is starting to happen to many of us who frequently pull our TrueCredits, myFICO's, etc., because the EQ file is loading up with soft inqs, and instead of designing their software to make excess softs fall off, they're losing accounts instead. EQ files are also more likely to split, for the same reason.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.