Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different scores

tag
xtremeone

different scores

Hello all,

I pulled my transunion on the first from here and shows 661. However when i pulled from walmart the same day it shows 642. I checked today and still shows 642 on walmart. I went to lending club . com and it shows the same as walmart 642. Why is it so much higher here on myfico?

Starting Score: 631
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: different scores

@xtremeone wrote:

Hello all,

I pulled my transunion on the first from here and shows 661. However when i pulled from walmart the same day it shows 642. I checked today and still shows 642 on walmart. I went to lending club . com and it shows the same as walmart 642. Why is it so much higher here on myfico?

Were you referring to the free TU FICO from Wal-Mart? If so, that FICO is the newest version of TU FICO we call TU08. The version on myFICO is 10 years older called TU98. The one most lenders use is neither, but is from 9 years ago called TU04. For LC they use/used TU98 which matched on here. As of a year ago it matched anyway, but I supposed it's possible they upgraded to a newer FICO.

Message 2 of 6
xtremeone

Is there a place to check the 04 score. Im guessing that LC is using the same as walmart then because I have pulled them a few months back and they matched then also. I am going to try and refinance my truck with my bank but they will not do any loans lower than 650. So its a wasted pull if my credit is lower that what they require. If I had some way to pull the 04 then maybe I could kinda see where I stand. Thanks for your quick response BTW.

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@xtremeone wrote:

Is there a place to check the 04 score. Im guessing that LC is using the same as walmart then because I have pulled them a few months back and they matched then also. I am going to try and refinance my truck with my bank but they will not do any loans lower than 650. So its a wasted pull if my credit is lower that what they require. If I had some way to pull the 04 then maybe I could kinda see where I stand. Thanks for your quick response BTW.

Not without the help of a lender. Smiley Sad

It's a crap shoot to predict what auto lender pulls what score. Some pull a classic FICO like what most all mortgage lenders or myFICO offers. But some use an auto-enhnanced FICO which can weigh your past car experience.

ETA....yay! I was a faster typer for once.

Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 6
xtremeone

Thanks,

I just contacted my bank and they use Kroll Factual Data for credit pulls. I also just made contact with them and they told me that they use classic TU04. So i really dont want a hard pull but i would like to know my score before hand. This kinda sucks!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.