Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different transunions score from each source

tag
tomatoma
New Visitor

different transunions score from each source

i pulled my transunion score from 3 different sources on the same day and each was different. now i don't know which one is the correct one. i want to know my score before i apply for my next student loan. the 3 sources i used were
truecredit.com
myfico.com
identitymonitor.citi.com

each gave a differrent transunion score in this descending order oof score (from highest score to lowest score): myfico.com, identitymonitor.citi.com, truecredit.com
can someone please tell me why this is the case and which score is the most reliable?
i can understand that transunion, experian and equifax, each give a different score but shouldn't the score be same if i am checking for only one agency, transunion.
thank you so much.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: different transunions score from each source

The one from MyFico is a FICO score. The others are FAKO scores. The other companies apply their own logic to your credit history to suggest a score that hardly anyone uses. Since most lenders/insurance agencies/etc use the FICO scores I would be most concerned about those.
Message 2 of 8
tomatoma
New Visitor

thank you so much rmily. i appreciate your help. Ta
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You can also get a FICO score from transunioncs.com.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which credit score should i focus on more? TU, Eq. or Exp?
Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Which credit score should i focus on more? TU, Eq. or Exp?

All three of them, as long as they are FICO scores.

There's a commercial running these days for yet another credit monitoring service. I think this one is threeinonecreditreport.com or some such. They're lying like rugs a bit misleading when they say that you should monitor all three of their credit scores, which are FAKO's, but they are correct when they say that it's important to know what's going on with all three reports.

If you haven't already, pull your free full reports from all three CRA's (credit bureaus) through annualcreditreports.com. Do NOT give them money for scores.

Then if you grit your teeth and buy all three of your FICO's here through the Suze version, your scores will continue to display --but not update --here for a year, which is handy for reference. The FICO Standard and FICO Credit Complete scores go poof after 30 days.

Once you know your current scores, and you can see what's on your reports (you get a slightly shorter version of your reports with your FICO scores), you can use the info here on the forums to clean up your reports and improve your credit profile without having to pull your FICO scores all the time, which is definitely expensive. Unless you're just curious, of course! Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
tomatoma
New Visitor

you should know all 3 credit reports and scores, especially if you are going to be applying for any big loans in the near future. another thing to keep in mind is that you can ask the lender which credit reporting agency they use and make sure that (among the rest of course) is clear and you have a good score with no or least negative (or unresolved) things on it. i knew my score from 6 months ago for all 3 but will apply for a student loan soon and asked the lender which agency they use. they told me transunion fico. that way i only needed to pull up my transunion score and make sure everything is in order. if a lender refuses to tell you which agency they use, you should be curious about that.

Message 7 of 8
tomatoma
New Visitor

thank you so much!!!! this site is great!!! and everyone is so helpful. thank you!!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.