cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover pulled different score then Fico?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

discover pulled different score then Fico?

Heres a question for you all...

When I applied for the Discover my Fico score was 611TU. When I got the card in the mail Discover said it was 624TU?

Is the fico score from this website accurate? Even my creditkarma seems to be more on track then FICO and I know thats not accurate.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: discover pulled different score then Fico?

@Anonymous wrote:

When I applied for the Discover my Fico score was 611TU. When I got the card in the mail Discover said it was 624TU?

Is the fico score from this website accurate? Even my creditkarma seems to be more on track then FICO and I know thats not accurate.

The scores that credit card companies give you when sending you a card or denial letter are not likely to ever match the score you get from MYFico.  They all use internal scoring methods and the score they give you will reflect that.  The score you receive from MyFico is your FICO score and provides the basis for their decision but they may alter your internal score due to their own algorithm just as the same that mortgage and auto finance companies do.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were the scores taken on the same day?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. And my fico score hasnt changed at all. The box at the bottom registers a new inquiry but nothing has changed.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Scores always fluctuate with different companies such as Experian, Transunion and Equifax.

If i check my BJ's account and CapitalOne and Credit Karma the scores are extremely different than MyFico scores.

Other companies like Discover, CapitalOne, Credit Karma, MyFico are all rendering different scores and based on their algorithm or formula they use to get a score.

As for MyFico i think it is a bit accurate.

But the question here is not how accurate the scores are, its a guideline as to where our credit history is at.

So just because MyFico score states 725 and you go to the Auto Dealer and he says its 625, then you'll start pulling hair.

We pay for the service to attain our credit history to fix any anomalies that may hurt us in the long run.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When they send you the card in the mail.... They state somewhere on the card which scoring method was used.  

This has been the case with every card I've ever recieved. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check the dates. Myfico and discover have exactly matched the last 2 months for me

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.