cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disputed CA updating monthly - effect on FICO score?

tag
XAVIERSMAMA
Regular Contributor

disputed CA updating monthly - effect on FICO score?

I disputed a CA item that 1st reported in 5/09.  This item is scheduled to fall of in 12/09 and 1/10 on EQ and TU respectively.  I'm just going to let them fall off since I'm getting no where in the dispute, but my question is how is this affecting my FICO score.  I had the initial 36 pt drop when it first hit even though the DOFD from the OC is almost 7 years old.  My score is still dropping and except for a CC util issue that has since been resolved I think my score shold be higher than it is.  I've noticed on my CR's that this collection is updating each month.  Is this causing my score to continue to fall?  Each month it reports does that make it a more recent collection?  Before the collection hit my score EQ score was 676.  Today it's 610.  I don't understand.  Everything else that's changed is positive.  My car loan hit the 2 year anniversary and 4 inquiries fell off so what's going on?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: disputed CA updating monthly - effect on FICO score?

I have something similar going on as well - anybody have any ideas?
Message 2 of 4
tbrooks
Valued Member

I have a CA reporting on EQ as an account also. its updated every month under status showing that month as 80+ late. my score has stayed steady without a gain or drop. but i only have one open account showing on eq. the util on credit line was at 98% for 6 months with no score drop or gain. i recently paid it down to 75% and jumped 30 points.

i would think there has to be some other negative factor bringing your score down if it changes every month. 

TU-DEC-2010-697
EQ-DEC-2010-684
EX-DEC-2010-707

Message 3 of 4
XAVIERSMAMA
Regular Contributor

I don't have any new negatives.  My report is almost identical to what it was the day I got the score update when the collection first hit and every other month since.  The only change is my CC's report different balances, but these balances are going down.  I had my oldest CC closed by the lender recently, but that happened after my score was 610.  I don't even want to know what that did to my score.  Oh so frustrating.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.