cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does any1 know how high your score will increase from paying off your vehicle?

tag
serenity72
New Contributor

does any1 know how high your score will increase from paying off your vehicle?

My vehicle is due to be paid of in August. Will this increase my score and if so by how much? Is it possible to get the lates deleted from my report with a vehicle lease? TY
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: does any1 know how high your score will increase from paying off your vehicle?

No one can tell you how many points a single event will have on your scores. And yes, you can still try GW.
Message 2 of 7
serenity72
New Contributor

Re: does any1 know how high your score will increase from paying off your vehicle?

Thank you. Now when I do a goodwill letter. Is there a certain timeframe they have to respond by with an answer? Ty
Message 3 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I don't think so.  You are asking them to be nice and as far as I know they can ignore you with impunity if they so desire.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Assuming they do reply, you should hear something within 30 days.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

serenity72 wrote:
My vehicle is due to be paid of in August. Will this increase my score and if so by how much? Is it possible to get the lates deleted from my report with a vehicle lease? TY

No one can tell you for sure but I'll share my experience/observations with you.  I recently finished paying a 2005 Nissan Altima lease.  I also purchase a brand new 2006 Nissan Altima and refied it a couple of months afterwards.  The new bank is not showing on my report yet.  When I paid off the final $315 payment on the lease my True Credit FAKO scores went up by a couple of points on EX and EQ.  My True Credit FAKO score actually decreased by 4 points with TU.  When the $26K payoff for the 06 posted to my CR, my FAKO scores jumped by a larger number of points can't say for sure because the transaction posted on diffrent reports on different days. I didn't keep track.  I observation is when you payoff large balances after carrying them awhile, they have a bigger impact on your score than if you paid them off soon.  Also, if you pay them off over time, the final payment won't have a major impact if anything at all.  I'm thinking the key is 6 months.  I recently paid off a $25K Chase balance after having made payments for over 6 months on a BT promotion.  I got the biggest bang for the buck, my actual FICO increased by 12 points.   

Message Edited by crocpa on 06-30-2007 09:39 PM
Message 6 of 7
serenity72
New Contributor

Ty that helped alot
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.