Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does fico take into account the "issuer" of your credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: does fico take into account the "issuer" of your credit

smallfry,

On FICO would assume the 1k Amex to be better if your overall and util % on the card was the same. Of course, financially, the 40k line (if interest is the same or better) would be the better bet in times of emergency. Also, the 40k line would look better in most manual reviews, showing that you have responsibly handled credit enough for someone to stick their neck out for you to the tune of 40k.

Despite a difference, I am guessing it is a very small difference in score and not something people should worry about.
Message 11 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: does fico take into account the "issuer" of your credit

@smallfry wrote:

Very interesting. So a 1K limit on an Amex would benefit me more than my 40K Navy Federal credit card? Or are the larger credit unions graded out differently than Beehive Credit Union? Smiley Happy

On the original thread that started all this, the member had been using a USAA card, as I recall. (And USAA isn't even a credit union!) So the ding seems to apply to all of them.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.