cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does having too many credit cards hurt your report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: does having too many credit cards hurt your report?

@AndySoCal wrote:

Im replying to all that has been discussed so far.

FICO reason Code 4 cannot  be related to the OP's question. If you look at the link  reason code 4 is not returned by TU  in the  Empirica 98 score. What will account for the score change is the account being in dispute.  While an account is in dispute for the most part it will remian neutral in the FICO score calculation.  Once the account is no longer in dispute then the effect of that account  will be fully reflected in the score. I would add this most lenders will not fund a loan with account(s) in dispute. The disputed account may not be the full reason for the change in the FICO score there could be other factors as well.

Heck yeah.  Good thing you pointed that out!

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for you replies! I guess the score jump must be from the dispute. I'm still not understanding why it says there is a dispute as I have not initiated one. Should I call TU and find out why its being disputed or just let it go?
Message 12 of 13
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I would call and see if they can tell you or call the original creditor.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.