Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eq jumped over 100 points in a month??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

eq jumped over 100 points in a month??

I dont know if i should celebrate or expect a drop soon.
A month ago, i disputed 2 collections that were removed and several other accounts that are still "in dispute" status. I dont know if fico excludes these items from scoring? I wonder because i still have a charge off and lates showing on other accounts.. according to the report, i was late 4 months ago. i guess im not quite sure how I jumped so high that fast otherwise -> and this includes 6 inquiries and 1 new account with a low cl + high utilization on it.

12/16/2007 fico = 533
12/22/2007 fico = 567

and then first pull in 2008 on a fico:

Your Equifax FICO® score: 655

On January 12, 2008

maybe the new fico is doing something differently?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: eq jumped over 100 points in a month??

Could be both-

FICO excludes accounts in dispute in scoring(Except CA's and Public records) so this score is eliminating these lates on these accounts.

FICO does reward points for "Getting current and staying current"

If you care about your scores at all don't allow high UTL- it is a total score killer.

sedric1 wrote:
I dont know if i should celebrate or expect a drop soon.
A month ago, i disputed 2 collections that were removed and several other accounts that are still "in dispute" status. I dont know if fico excludes these items from scoring? I wonder because i still have a charge off and lates showing on other accounts.. according to the report, i was late 4 months ago. i guess im not quite sure how I jumped so high that fast otherwise -> and this includes 6 inquiries and 1 new account with a low cl + high utilization on it.

12/16/2007 fico = 533
12/22/2007 fico = 567

and then first pull in 2008 on a fico:

Your Equifax FICO® score: 655

On January 12, 2008

maybe the new fico is doing something differently?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could be both-

FICO excludes accounts in dispute in scoring(Except CA's and Public records) so this score is eliminating these lates on these accounts.

That's what I experioenced with my scores... UP in bunches while accts were in dispute, then settled to a lower but acceptable increase after the investigations were concluded. I just wish there was a
mathematical way to estimate FICOs in relation to FAKOS!
Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sears/ Citi told all three CRA's that my account is "disputed by consumer" (I didn't), and all three scores went up 25 points overnight. This is an account with a 30-day late that is 10 months old, and this <1 year old late is now not being counted. I don't even look at my scores when I log on, because when they go back down, it will be truly painful. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

it was confusing to me because i started the dispute process in early december, but the score didnt show any difference until early january. the good news though should be that the charge off in dispute will go to paid status soon anyways so maybe not a total dip at the end... at least i hope!
Message 5 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your scores.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.