Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equifax says 8% util neg factor?

tag
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: equifax says 8% util neg factor?

In my own testing the breakpoint was 5%. From 1 to 4% there seemed to be no adverse effects. At 5% I took a small hit.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 11 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: equifax says 8% util neg factor?

@Steelersfan904 wrote:

@emptypockets wrote:

On my FICO reports, it tells you your Util %, then says "for FICO high acheivers, the ratio is 7%, on average" - so I guess that would mean 8% would not be good. However, I would think the damage of having 8% would be negligible, depending on what else is on your report.

For anybody rebuilding I would suggest 1% or less. I decided to play around and let 10% report in June to see what can happen while I get used to this while Fico thing. I lost 5 points

Hard to make an accurate assessment on this: I let 49% report in May, and my score went up 2 points from April.  It's very much YMMV, and really anything under call it 10% is fine... FICO is only one portion of the approval process, and while it's absolutely important, worrying about a point here or there in the margins is usually not important.

That said sometimes it makes or breaks your loan rate for a given lender, but on the whole, it's not worth worrying about... and that's absolutely true when you're not applying for anything at all.  Let 80% report, it doesn't matter if a lender isn't pulling your report.

        
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.