cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equifax score dropped 55 points from disputes?

tag
HD247

equifax score dropped 55 points from disputes?

Can anyone tell me why my score dropped when 3 Charge off credit cards (5 years old) were disputed.  It dropped my score, and the disputes were not suppossed to be sent?  I called and they said there is nothing they can do.  What can I expect to see when the disputes are completed, providing nothing is changed or added?

Help?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: equifax score dropped 55 points from disputes?

When an OC account is disputed, certain aspects of that account are removed from scoring.  When the dispute is resolved it will return to pre-dispute score unless something is deleted or changed.

What do you mean they were not supposed to be sent?

Message 2 of 6
HD247

After over 30 calls today, I finally got in touch with the Executive Account Manager and she removed the disputes and closed the investigation, and the accounts will be updated to reflect what was reported prior to disputes.  So score should go back to where it was prior to disputes I am guessing?

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 6
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Yeah I didn't know that when you disputed those accounts are frozen from the fico score.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

Yeah I didn't know that when you disputed those accounts are frozen from the fico score.

Not the entire accounts, only certain parts of them.  Payment history, CL, and balances are removed from scoring.  AAoA would still be factored in.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.