Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equifax score question.

tag
legacys7
Regular Contributor

equifax score question.

recently my score went up on their website. today it went down by a couple of points. i called them to see what the deal was. i was told that my sony card was having that effect. doesn't make any sense, seeing that my score went up after sony gave me a credit increase which outweighed my balance at the time. the initial balance was around 1000.00 with a 1500.00 limit. my limit is now 3800.00 with a balance of 650.00. any explanation on here from someone outside of equifax?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: equifax score question.

@legacys7 wrote:

recently my score went up on their website. today it went down by a couple of points. i called them to see what the deal was. i was told that my sony card was having that effect. doesn't make any sense, seeing that my score went up after sony gave me a credit increase which outweighed my balance at the time. the initial balance was around 1000.00 with a 1500.00 limit. my limit is now 3800.00 with a balance of 650.00. any explanation on here from someone outside of equifax?

This is your Equifax Credit Score ?   Not an EQ FICO score ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
legacys7
Regular Contributor

correct. equifax. not the fico version.

Message 3 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@legacys7 wrote:

correct. equifax. not the fico version.

In that case I wouldn''t worry about it.   FAKO scores sometimes behave in a divergent manner from FICO scores.  

The important thing is that your overall utilization and individual card utilization are lower, which is good news from a FICO perspective.

Message 4 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moving to Understanding FICO scoring

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.