Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ewwww. I hate True Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ewwww. I hate True Credit

What a bunch of commercial hogwash. Signed up today for the 14.95 monthly all access to credit score/ credit report. My FACO scores are waaay lower than my true FICO scores on myfico.com That is the first reason I don't like it. The second reason is that is seems very confusing to read. I prefer myfico.com WAY better than truecredit and plan on cancelling right away !
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ewwww. I hate True Credit

I just called and cancelled and told them basically they are JUNK. The way I look at it, is that you are paying for INNACURATE scores. The reports are accurate, but you can always get them once a month on myfico TOGETHER with accurate and honest FICO scores. Never again will I recommend true credit to anyone...they are TOTALLY ridiculous !
Message 2 of 17
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

FILO, I have TC and I love it. Not for the scores, but for the fact that I can refresh the account daily and see any changes that are going on with my accounts. This helps to give me a trigger on when I should pull my FICOs. I think that it's well worth the $14.95 per month.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree Byrdman. I know the scores are trash, but I don't subscribe to it for the scores. I subscribe for the credit alerts & so I can check my reports DAILY to see if I need to check myFICO for REAL score changes. It's been invaluable while I've been in the thick of disputing so many things.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, 14.95 is not worth it to me when you can just check once monthly on Myfico. Plus the site is waaay too commercial and made me want to vomit.
Message 5 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

firstin first off nobody gets TC for the scores. Secondly if you think TC is tough to follow you should try looking at chaseidprotection. The worst. I wish TC didn't give me the boot. I loved everything but the long load times.
Message 6 of 17
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not a salesman for TC, but I have never even noticed one ad on the site. They always ask if I wanted to see special offers, but I have not once looked at it. I just proceed to yank my scores each day.

To each his own.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

At one point they started running offers (= ads) for Discover, and I got all excited, thinking that they had realized my wonderfulness. But pretty soon those vanished, to be replaced by First Preemie and Aspire and the others. Someone once asked here if the ads were tailored to our reports, and I answered, Lord, I hope not. Anyway, like ByrdMan, I just click on past them.

It's all in getting familiar with them. I'm very used to TrueCredit by now (I certainly ought to be), and nothing startles me about it, including how EQ doesn't display correctly, just a series of empty boxes or X's. I usually admire all the pretty green squares for a couple of minutes, very few yellows left! --and then I click printable version. This shows me everything I need to know, including the exact date that the report was updated by each creditor, except for EQ, which only shows MM/YYYY.

I just got off the phone after canceling the EX three-in-one product through AmEx called CreditSecure. Turns out that I had the identical product through Quicken, I think it was, and I hated it. Even though you don't have to wait 24 hours + 1 minute to update as on TC, I found it busy and kindergarten-ish. Not to mention that I was getting 10 separate alerts for every new account back when I had my app-a-rama, courtesy of an excessive number of monitoring services. Smiley Tongue

So anyway, find something that makes you happy, but do realize that there is an initial WTH breaking-in period where you try to figure out what you're looking at. And also be aware that with any secondary credit report service, including myFICO, some things are going to turn up in funky categories, and it's worth comparing to the original full report to see how things get a bit warped in translation.

Edit, meant to add: I wouldn't want to go solo with either myFICO products or with TrueCredit. myFICO is too freakin' expensive, and it doesn't display the date that something was updated in MM/DD/YYYY; only in MM/YYYY, so it's not very useful in timing my early CC payments. And TrueCredit is worse than worthless for me when it comes to its scores and advice. I used to sneak peeks for a while until I found that their "advice" was getting tangled up with the real thing.

But the two together are a great way to monitor my reports and track my progress (and occasional regress Smiley Sad ) in FICO score land.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 06-12-2008 03:59 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 17
TheArcher
New Contributor

I really like TC because I can pull my reports whenever I want and I could care less about their scores. Those FAKO's have been as much as 100 points different than my FICO scores. I just like being able to pull all three of my reports whenever I want and for me that peace of mind is worth the $14.95 a month.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." -Thomas Paine
Message 9 of 17
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

I agree. I like the fact that you can pull all 3 reports daily, that way you can see what has and hasn't updated on your reports and it also saves you money from prematurely pulling the reports on myfico and wasting money. In my experience, once something has updated on my TC reports, it has updated on myfico. The ads are annoying only if you pay attention to them. The scores are worthless but the ability to pull reports daily makes the $14.95 worth every single penny.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.