Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ex down after 2 new cards started reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ex down after 2 new cards started reporting

Hey so prior to opening these 2 capital one cards last month I only had one card and that was my open sky. After my open sky reported this month with a balance of $28 (limit is 300) my ex was 597. Well today my cap1-cards finally made it on to my report and my score actually went down 2 points (one has a 79 balance and one has a 0 balance.) Both of them have limits of 300. I thought that your first 3 cards always gave a point increase?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ex down after 2 new cards started reporting

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey so prior to opening these 2 capital one cards last month I only had one card and that was my open sky. After my open sky reported this month with a balance of $28 (limit is 300) my ex was 597. Well today my cap1-cards finally made it on to my report and my score actually went down 2 points (one has a 79 balance and one has a 0 balance.) Both of them have limits of 300. I thought that your first 3 cards always gave a point increase?

Nah, especially not if you have history beforehand which if you have a BK, presumably there were things leading up to that on your credit report?  I've never taken a hit for a new tradeline unless there was an AAOA change.

My own testing and some others suggested first two cards are the bulk of it, then maybe a third might be a small improvement but it's unarguable that it would help build payment history faster than 2.  Also that second card reporting a balance might not have helped you, if your'e curious get back to one card reporting a minimal balance.

From where you are don't worry about small ups and downs, getting 3 positive tradelines on your report post-BK is the smartest thing you could've done.  

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.