Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico score 2 dropped but fico 8 increased

tag
housejunkie81
Valued Member

fico score 2 dropped but fico 8 increased

my fico 2 went dow 45 points while my fico 8 went up 10

any idea why this would happen the only changes i see is that dispute remarks have been removed and credit card balances all now show 0%.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: fico score 2 dropped but fico 8 increased

@housejunkie81 wrote:

my fico 2 went dow 45 points while my fico 8 went up 10

any idea why this would happen the only changes i see is that dispute remarks have been removed and credit card balances all now show 0%.

Dispute marks were wonky on the older version of the algorithms, not sure if that applies to the newer versions like FICO 8.  I believe their impact is dependant on version, and all bets are off when we're talking disputes or even remarks unfortunately.  If it was a negative tradeline that had the remarks, it might've been discounted from scoring and that would explain it partially... to add, derogatories are weighted differently between the older and newer versions too, not a whole lot of correlation that can be done as a result.

All credit card balances at $0 is a straight negative on any model FICO 98 (FICO v2) to FICO 8... let a card report a balance and you might get some of those back or more when it comes to FICO 8.

        
Message 2 of 4
housejunkie81
Valued Member

so im better off taking all 3 of my creidt cards and making them all have 5% utiliaztion

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@housejunkie81 wrote:

so im better off taking all 3 of my creidt cards and making them all have 5% utiliaztion

Actually if you're trying to optimize your score, having 1/3 cards reporting a small balance would be best.  If you aren't in a place where you need to optimize your score (like me currently) then letting the reported balances be whatever doesn't really matter.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.