Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico score diffrence

tag
marvie143
Visitor

fico score diffrence

HI , im new to this fico score, my question is a 3  part question.

1. i just pulled my fico score and hurray my score went up yahoo. here at fico score.com

2 i applied for a Barclay card and i requested to show me my fico score and it showed 34 points lower than myfico score.com Whyyyyyyyy ? i dont understand why such a huge diffrence.

3. so when i go to purchase a loan, fico suggest to check your fico score first to see what your up against Right? so if i go to check and i feel confident at what i see then my loan officer tells me my score was 34 points from what i saw on my fico score.com now that inquirey will be a negative on my report hence it will lower my score. 

whats the answer what do i do?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: fico score diffrence

There are many threads here that point out that there are multiple FICO formulas, as well as many non-FICO ones.

Because different formulas are applied to the same data, they won't match.

If you want to track your scores month by month, I'd pick a single source of FICO scores and stick with it for comparative purposes.

Message 2 of 3
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: fico score diffrence

@marvie143 wrote:

HI , im new to this fico score, my question is a 3  part question.

1. i just pulled my fico score and hurray my score went up yahoo. here at fico score.com

2 i applied for a Barclay card and i requested to show me my fico score and it showed 34 points lower than myfico score.com Whyyyyyyyy ? i dont understand why such a huge diffrence.

3. so when i go to purchase a loan, fico suggest to check your fico score first to see what your up against Right? so if i go to check and i feel confident at what i see then my loan officer tells me my score was 34 points from what i saw on my fico score.com now that inquirey will be a negative on my report hence it will lower my score. 

whats the answer what do i do?

The transunion score here is a much older model than is used by Walmart, Discover, and I think Barclay so there will definitely be a difference.

There are threads here as suggested that will explain the differences, different models used, etc.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.