Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico score went down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fico score went down

because my checking account has more money in it?

why is this?  makes no sense to me.  I have more money, so the score goes down..

please explain this to me.

thanks

george hardy

-your value as a human being is a number. coming soon: tatoo barcodes and goose-stepping thugs
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TheArcher
New Contributor

Re: fico score went down

Do what? How much money you have has nothing to do with your FICO score. You're checking account has nothing to do with FICO scoring, and I have no idea how that would be reported to the CRAs. Smiley Indifferent
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." -Thomas Paine
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea, it's like bank of america is reporting my bank account as a credit card.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, you need to pull your 3 CR and see what changes have happened... inquiries, maybe a late payment, an old account aging off of your CR, or something else...

Even if you are sure that none of this has happened, there is still a chance that an error may have occurred on your CR.

Lastly, your checking account has nothing to do with your credit unless you were overdrawn, the account closed because of it, and then later your bank put you in collections for not taking care of the overdraft.

Income or how rich or poor you are has nothing to do with your FICO.
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

ghardy, this is a common FICO misconception, so dont be confused.  FICO does not consider total debt, current income, debt-to-income, etc in its scoring.  It is simply a debt risk repayment analysis, and not a financial stability analysis, period.
Simply file a dispute with the CRA on their reporting of this account as a revolving.  They must investigate.  If you want to speed up the process, contact BOA and tell them that they are apparently reporting it incorrectly, but make sure you file a dispute with the CRAs, for that is the dispute procedure prescribed under the FCRA.
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I've read about some sort of checking account at BofA that does report as revolving; somehow it's linked with a line of credit, or something? My memory's deeply fuzzy on this one.

Can you post back with the exact name of this beast?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.