Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico scores in mid to upper 600's but auto ficos under 600

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fico scores in mid to upper 600's but auto ficos under 600

Is there anyway to check auto fico, and how can I raise it? Ty.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: fico scores in mid to upper 600's but auto ficos under 600

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there anyway to check auto fico, and how can I raise it? Ty.

No, sadly.

As for raising it, finance your cars... also it's been theorized that a mortgage or personal loans help auto-enhanced scores too by a pair of F&I guys who see Auto-enhanced scores all the time though they've also theorized student loans do not.

If you don't have a prior auto loan, and certainly if you don't have any prior installment history, expect your Auto-enhanced scores to be non-trivially lower.  "First time buyer penalty," it sucks.  That said, you can apply at some lenders who appear to underwrite auto loans on basic FICO scores, vis a vis DCU and Beacon 5.0, so it can be done without prior auto history and without having a brilliant auto FICO... but often people with good auto history, tend to have a higher Auto-enhanced score than their baseline.

Personally I just have a pair of closed auto loans and a pair of open secured installment loans, and whenever I need to finance a car again, will simply optimize my report same as I would for any other pull, and roll the dice on that.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.