Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico vs equifax score numbers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: fico vs equifax score numbers

Wow. That is interesting. Thanks for the input Irish80. And to think that the possibility exists that I could be spending a monthly fee for a faco score that can be had for free??? Nice.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found out yesterday when I logged onto cap one account that either Trans union or cap 1 or both must have upgraded to fiCo 8. My credit tracker score on my account matched the myfico score when I bought these. That to me kinda reinforces the notion that experian either uses the 04 model or it is indeed a faco.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Found out yesterday when I logged onto cap one account that either Trans union or cap 1 or both must have upgraded to fiCo 8. My credit tracker score on my account matched the myfico score when I bought these. That to me kinda reinforces the notion that experian either uses the 04 model or it is indeed a faco.

If the scores matched, it's a pure coincidence because the CapitolOne credit score is not a FICO score.

Message 13 of 15
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

If you got the EQ score directly from their site, it is the 04 (Beacon 5) model.  Which the only known way to get it is through Equifax, a lender pull that is pulling that model, or if you have a DCU (DIgital Federal Credit Union)product, of which I do have.

My DCU EQ 04 (or Beacon 5) score is 40 pts lower than myFico EQ 08 as well.  

Depending on what type of credit you're applying for, generally determines what model will be used. 

Mortgage

Auto loan

Credit card (bankcard)

P.S.  You're not getting many responses because these types of questions/concerns have been beat to death and a quick use of the search function should keep you busy for days.  Smiley Wink

This is not exactly correct.

1). You can now also get the EQ 04 score from this site

2) Without knowing exactly which product the OP purchased it's impossible to know which score model he obtained.  Equifax also sells their own scoring model besides the 04 score and is a complete FAKO

Where's the EQ 04?  I've  had the 3 B, and bought it again just yesterday for $47.98.

Ya know I spend  about $200 month in credit monitoring services. lol.

I see:

EQ Fico 8 -widely used version,

EQ Fico 5 - previous mortgage lending <------------------ This is the EQ 04 Score

EQ auto score 8 - current auto lending

EQ auto score 5 - previous auto lending

EQ Bankcard score 8 - current credit card lending

EQ Bankcard score 5 - previous credit card lending

Let me guess, the 04 is a separate myFico product that you have to buy?

If  the EQ 04 is the  'previous' mortgage lending score, what's the  EQ 'current' mortgage lending score?

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@racer-x wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

If you got the EQ score directly from their site, it is the 04 (Beacon 5) model.  Which the only known way to get it is through Equifax, a lender pull that is pulling that model, or if you have a DCU (DIgital Federal Credit Union)product, of which I do have.

My DCU EQ 04 (or Beacon 5) score is 40 pts lower than myFico EQ 08 as well.  

Depending on what type of credit you're applying for, generally determines what model will be used. 

Mortgage

Auto loan

Credit card (bankcard)

P.S.  You're not getting many responses because these types of questions/concerns have been beat to death and a quick use of the search function should keep you busy for days.  Smiley Wink

This is not exactly correct.

1). You can now also get the EQ 04 score from this site

2) Without knowing exactly which product the OP purchased it's impossible to know which score model he obtained.  Equifax also sells their own scoring model besides the 04 score and is a complete FAKO

Where's the EQ 04?  I've  had the 3 B, and bought it again just yesterday for $47.98.

Ya know I spend  about $200 month in credit monitoring services. lol.

I see:

EQ Fico 8 -widely used version,

EQ Fico 5 - previous mortgage lending <------------------ This is the EQ 04 Score

EQ auto score 8 - current auto lending

EQ auto score 5 - previous auto lending

EQ Bankcard score 8 - current credit card lending

EQ Bankcard score 5 - previous credit card lending

Let me guess, the 04 is a separate myFico product that you have to buy?

If  the EQ 04 is the  'previous' mortgage lending score, what's the  EQ 'current' mortgage lending score?

Its a mortgage score that FICO has developed that isnt used by many mortgage companies.  Some of them are very slow to adapt to new models.  There are bank out there that are still using FICO 98 models. It's like there is a FICO 09 now that no one seems to be using.  Creditors are just very very slow to adapt, especially in the mortgage industry..  That's why most of them still use the 04 model.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.