Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraudulent inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fraudulent inquiry

I just pulled an Equifax report and noticed that I had 15 inquiries within the past 12months. 8 of them will be 1yr old in july, but I had one from Verizon. I absolutely know for a fact that I never had them pull because I have AT&T services because I'm an employee. I submitted a dispute, how do I prove otherwise that this is not mines? Also I'm hoping to see a bump in my score once the 8 inquiries drop. 9 with fraudulent one.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: fraudulent inquiry

@Anonymous wrote:
I just pulled an Equifax report and noticed that I had 15 inquiries within the past 12months. 8 of them will be 1yr old in july, but I had one from Verizon. I absolutely know for a fact that I never had them pull because I have AT&T services because I'm an employee. I submitted a dispute, how do I prove otherwise that this is not mines? Also I'm hoping to see a bump in my score once the 8 inquiries drop. 9 with fraudulent one.

If you file a dispute and it comes back as verified as Equifax usually does, I'd call them and see what documentation they need to have it removed and then go from there.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.