Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting score updated

tag
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

getting score updated

I had a collection back in 2005 for just $40 that I was not aware of. Anyway, when I did
get a notice, I paid the $40 that was owed and have the canceled check and receipt.This
collection does not show on my Eq. or TU but for some reason still shows on my Exp.This
collection was paid in full in late 2005!!! How do I get this off my Experian. My current scores
are 680 Eq.,691 TU, and 643 Exp.!!! All of my revolving debt has been paid off over 2 weeks
ago, so I'm hoping to see 700 plus accross the board. How do I get the Experian up to date
and have that only negative on my report removed?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: getting score updated

Does it report as PAID , $0 Balance on EXP?

Have you disputed this yet?

@hpertrain wrote:
I had a collection back in 2005 for just $40 that I was not aware of. Anyway, when I did
get a notice, I paid the $40 that was owed and have the canceled check and receipt.This
collection does not show on my Eq. or TU but for some reason still shows on my Exp.This
collection was paid in full in late 2005!!! How do I get this off my Experian. My current scores
are 680 Eq.,691 TU, and 643 Exp.!!! All of my revolving debt has been paid off over 2 weeks
ago, so I'm hoping to see 700 plus accross the board. How do I get the Experian up to date
and have that only negative on my report removed?

Message 2 of 5
busyone
Contributor

Super Contributor

Timothy

Does it report as PAID , $0 Balance on EXP?

Have you disputed this yet?

Timothy, thanks for responding. Yes I did dispute it several months ago. Under the "understanding your score" section it says, "you have a public record or collection", then under the collection section it states:

Credit Agency: lists the name of co.

Original Balance: $40

Current bal. as of 05/21/07: this part is blank

Status as of May 1 2007: Pd.acct./was a collection account,insurance claim,

or was terminated for default.

Not sure what that last part means???My TU is 738 but my Exp. is 691. I still think it would be higher if that collection report was not on there??

Message 3 of 5
busyone
Contributor

BTW sorry for any confusion, but hpertrain is my husband. He told me there was a response so I took over. Thanks.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send a GW letter.

Seems ridiculous for companies to send $40 to collections.

I am sure this is being read by FICO as a CA.

I did the double teaming- I have been trying to get the DW in here.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.