cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

guess what? score remains the same! despite...

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

guess what? score remains the same! despite...

a change in balance from 0 to 453 dollar balance reporting. I fully expected my score to dip based on the info in the forums. I braced myself for it.  But it didn't move, which lets me know I have more than a 9% leeway when it comes to fico scoring. Maybe it appreciates the use of my credit versus the non use before? Ohhhh to understand the FICO formula....still happy tho Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: guess what? score remains the same! despite...

if you had a zero balance overall, then that would have actually lowered your score too.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 2 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

2% is supposed to be ideal =\

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 11
sgs10
Regular Contributor

How about 1% 

Message 4 of 11
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

From my experience, Fico not usually update your score by the end of the month.

Let said if you paid your bill today on Oct 26. You likely not going to see the change until maybe the first 10days of November.

They calculate all your credit cards utility by the end of the month.

Maybe you would see some change by somewhere in November. 

Hope it help.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 11
djrez4
Established Contributor

Your FICO changes constantly.  If a card reports a balance today, your score will change today.  If another card reports a balance tomorrow, your score will change again tomorrow.

I think you snuck in under the mythical 10% utilization threshold so nothing changed.  

Message 6 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

@sgs10 wrote:

How about 1% 

that's the funny thing about Fico 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 7 of 11
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

thanks for the info guys! I am definitely on top of my score so we will see next month as I will have quite a bit hit BEFORE I pay in full. I really want to see the effect...

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 8 of 11
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Keep it up!  A little balance shouldn't hurt too much.  My scores have stayed the same with my utilization sliding around between 4% and 14% with no effect.  Who knows!!!  Just use what you have responsibly!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Cap One secured report the balance on the date of your last statement or the highest day to day balance? I went over the 10% in the middle of the month but paid it down a couple of days later.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.