Established Member
CLANCY910

hard pulls

Hello i was wondering when doing a hard pull obvisously it is goiing to lower your score. my question is how long does it take to get them points back?

Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

Re: hard pulls

CLANCY910 wrote:

Hello i was wondering when doing a hard pull obvisously it is goiing to lower your score. my question is how long does it take to get them points back?

Almost all the effects of a hard pull are remedied after 6 months, and the complete effect of it is gone by the year mark. However, hard inquiries will stay on your report for 2 years; just their effect on score will drop off after one year. All the best!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

EQ FICO 708 TU FICO 747 Credit Karma (TU) 776 Transrisk 799/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 754 Credit.com (EX) 753 VantageScore 3.0 712
09Lexie
Valued Contributor
boomhower

Re: hard pulls

It's going to vary from person to person depending on the file and also how many you have.  The thinner the file the bigger the impact.  The more IN'q the bigger the impact, to an extent.  As mentioned above after six months it's minimal and after a year it has no impact.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}