Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help if you can please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help if you can please

hey guys i have a question i current build a strong credit and i have a problem because my paid off mortgage from 2000 its not reporting on my credit reports and my aaoa its average how can i get that account to show on my credit report that it was paid off in order for me to increase my aaoa and also so i can finance a new mortgage and that would help being paid off thank you so much everybody and merry christmas !!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help if you can please

Do you have any credit reports from a few years ago?  If so, did it appear on any of those?

Have you checked all three bureaus from your recent reports?

When did you first take out the mortgage?  And when was it paid off?  (Month/Year)  Do you have any records of who was handling the mortgage shortly before you paid it off?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

last time it appear on my credit report around 2010 211

i first took the mortgage in 1999 around march april and the mortgage was paid off in 2003 or 2004 dont remember exactly i sold the house so therefore my mortgage was paid off and yes i checked all 3 bureaus reports i have subscription with myfico and also equifax for my reports and its not showing 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont recall i belive it was wachovia bank either that or merchant bank 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your loan was closed in 2004.  It's normal for closed accounts to be removed from one's credit reports after ten years -- whether they are loans or credit cards or whatever.

There's nothing you can do to get an account that was closed over 11 years ago put back on your credit reports.

What you could is just focus on normal strategies for improving one's mortgage scores in the period of time that you are preparing for a mortgage.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive heard rumors that you can call the bureaus to add that back onto your credit report because other wise it doesnt make since how you can acheive aaoa of 25+ years for execelent credit if it keeps falling off your report
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually you don't need an AAoA of 25+ years to have an excellent credit score.  Of the people here on the forum who have a perfect 850, many first got that score when their AAoA was only a bit more than 8 years. 

If you are curious how a person would have an AAoA of 25+ years, such a person typically does it by opening a few credit cards early in his life and then perhaps getting a 30 year mortgage a bit later.  Then he keeps those accounts open.  Even when he pays the mortgage off at year 30, it still stays on his reports for another 10 years.  Five years after he pays off the mortgage, he has a 35 year old mortgage and two 37 year old credit cards.

That said, almost nobody has an AAoA of 25+ years, largely because one can have a perfect score with a much much lower AAoA.

Finally, bear in mind that one can still have excellent credit with a far lower score than 850.  A 760 score is all one needs to get the best rates -- although of course lenders also look at things besides one's FICO scores (income, total indebtedness, etc.).

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.