Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help me understand please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help me understand please

Equifax score was 609 Equifax Fico 609. Now Equfax 616 and Fico 560! **bleep**! Why is this?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help me understand please

Now tu went up 4 points today but fico tu dropped 4 pts.
Message 2 of 8
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

What changed on your reports ? Did you app ?  did you dispute something ?  balance increase. Someting very likely changed. As long as you were not late on anything dont stress over it. It will recoup.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 accounts from 2008 that are closed accounts charge offs. Scheduled to fall off in February. My equfax fico dropped 26pts because it's says it's being reported by a collection agency now. I called the collection agency they said they are not a reporting collection agency. My regular equifax went up 2 points.
Message 4 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

The report data is reference.  Look there especially regarding new collections.  Score monitoring only tells you there was a change, and it might tell you mostly what the change is, but end of the day it's not a substitute for pulling the report when you need to know explicitly and precisely what is on the report.

        
Message 5 of 8
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 2 accounts from 2008 that are closed accounts charge offs. Scheduled to fall off in February. My equfax fico dropped 26pts because it's says it's being reported by a collection agency now. I called the collection agency they said they are not a reporting collection agency. My regular equifax went up 2 points.

Ok, so theres your report change and your score reacted. As the moderator mentioned above, you need to see the details of that and go after it. Dispute, GW, DV whatever is applicable according to whats being reported.  Or, if its the old account still, I would just leave it alone as you said it drops off in Feb. It just depends but you need to see it to act on it accordingly.  Dont stress over it, just research it and handle it. Use the forum for advice if you need it to handle the situation when you find out whats going on.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fico is telling me now that it's in collections it won't fall off for another 7 years. So it will be on there 14 years? That don't sound right.
Message 7 of 8
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My fico is telling me now that it's in collections it won't fall off for another 7 years. So it will be on there 14 years? That don't sound right.

No, not at all the case. It seems that the account was sold and you're getting dinged twice or perhaps its the same account that theyre trying to collect on. Whatever the case, you need to view your complete report and call them.   The original collection account was paid ?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.