Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help please

i have old debt on my report that is being deleted off because of its age in the interim i want to put some positive. i dont know how to do that if no one will grant me credit. i have 2 car notes that i am never late on but other than that i dont have any credit..good credit shall i say. What credit can i qualify for and what credit would be a positive for my 528 FICO score??? thanks Smiley Happyi apprecaite anyones help and wisdom!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: help please

Hi, welcome to the forums!

What exactly is on your credit reports? Something getting ready to fall off, plus no revolving credit --yes, those are problems for scores, but I wouldn't think that they'd drive you all the way down to a 528.

Which score is this? Is it a FICO EQ (Equifax?) If you can post back with a summary of what's showing on your reports, and the positives and negatives on screen 2 of your online report, that will help.

Beyond that, I would strongly advise visiting local credit unions (CU's), showing them a copy of your FICO EQ score report (most CU's use Equifax), and asking if they would consider giving you a credit card. It would probably be a secured card, but there's nothing wrong with that, and it would get your foot in the door. Let that card report, maybe with several months of clean history, and then maybe try for a Macy's store card. I'd want to have the scores higher first, though.

There are crappy cards that will take you now and kill you with fees and bad service, but if you can possibly get with a CU instead, I would definitely do that. With a CU, I would definitely be willing (and prepared) to open a savings account or something and establish a relationship with them.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.