Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does equifax take to update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long does equifax take to update

i recently had some negative accounts updated on my tu and exp reports. my equifax report has yet to update. are they always this slow.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how long does equifax take to update

Just to give an example, my capitol one card reports to the bureaus the first of the month and it takes equifax 10 days to update my report.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the same boat!  Just called CitiCard to confirm that report montly on the 1st of each month.  My equifax is still showing a $4000 balance I paid off on June 15.  If it was reported on July 1, equifax has yet to update as of today.  I an anxiously awaiting that update to also apply for a home loan.
Message 3 of 13
aroyal
New Contributor

my cap one card reports on the 9th of the month and on Equifax it hasn't been updated since May 9th and my balance has decreased by $500. My other two cards haven't been updated since May either on Equifax.

Starting Score: eq 383tu 417
Current Score: eq 577tu 609
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Equifax and TransUnion have always taken anywhere from 4 - 10 days to update for me, sometimes even longer. And with the holiday early this month, it might still be another few days for anything that reported on July 1.

Experian has always updated my reports that night or the next day. Of course, fat lot of good that does nowadays. Smiley Mad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey hauling, quick question: Since TU and EQ are the slowest to report and TU just reported today, do you think EQ will report maybe tomorrow?
Message 6 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It would be nice if you could link them, but you can't. Smiley Sad

Back when I had a genuine daily report-puller (TrueCredit), I could see that most months, EQ updated before TU. This was maybe 5 out of 6 months, say, or 7 of 8. So no telling, really.

It used to be that you could pull all three from a credit monitoring service and see if everyone had updated, but ever since TrueCredit dropped daily access to all three, I can tell that the Experian-based products (CreditSecure, Triple Advantage, etc.) aren't genuinely updating when I pull. If I'm looking at an updated balance on my full EQ report (via Equifax Credit Watch Gold), and then I pull a CreditSecure and the old balance is showing me, this tells me that EX is sleazing the updating process.

I'd imagine that it's costing these services a ton for daily 3-report pulls, and that's why they either quit or are faking it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 13
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Equifax and TransUnion have always taken anywhere from 4 - 10 days to update for me, sometimes even longer. And with the holiday early this month, it might still be another few days for anything that reported on July 1.

Experian has always updated my reports that night or the next day. Of course, fat lot of good that does nowadays. Smiley Mad

TU generally updates pretty quickly for me, usually no more than a day after EX, if not the same day or before.  EQ is another story.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to call Equifax and try to have them update something sooner? They have already been notified on two things, I'm just waiting for them to update the credit reports.
Message 9 of 13
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

By law the CRAs have up to 45 days to update new information.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.