Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how often do CRA update their records..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how often do CRA update their records..

it seems like it takes a loooooong time 4 those guys to update their files..when something is deleted on my file, does that mean my CR is automatically updated?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: how often do CRA update their records..

Well did the CRAs actually delete.. or did a creditor themselves say they were going to delete? Makes a difference.

CRA: If they say its deleted it should be gone, no waiting period.

Creditor: Creditors generally report once a month. So your report should update within 30 days.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 04-23-2007 05:46 PM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i submitted an online dispute with transunion....came back 1 item was deletd, however score remained the same so i was wondering, do i have to wait for them to update?
Message 3 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

mymy wrote:
i submitted an online dispute with transunion....came back 1 item was deletd, however score remained the same so i was wondering, do i have to wait for them to update?

Nope. It should be gone immediately. Are you sure you are pulling an updated report? Your score should definately reflect the change. Perhaps this is related to the current issues at TranUnion. I would not panic.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since March when I started disputing items on my credit, my scores at EXP and EQ have been soaring. I can see the items fall off on TU but my score hasn't budged.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have noticed the same thing but since each bureau is different because not all creditors report to all bureaus it may be the impact doesn't affect TU as heavily as a perhaps more used bureau. For me all bureaus have gone up with tu the highest yet not so much as drastic as the other two. I still am expecting some changes soon due to payoffs and aging. It could take longer than 30 days if your creditor already updated this month.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.