nothingman02
Valued Contributor

i cant believe this.

Hi,

Just checked my TrueCredit FAKOS:

TR - 588 / EXP - 627 / EQ - 580

Also checked my FAKOS on creditchecktotal

TR - 721 / EXP - 593 / EQ - 572

Does anyone have an idea why such a huge difference with the TR FAKO? 

I checked and re-checked the credit report from both website and every listing and inquiry is the same on truecredit and creditchecktotal. Evrything is same including the dates but the scores are 588 and 721. I want to pull the TR  FICO but am waiting for March to update my accounts as I have slightly lower utilization.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: i cant believe this.

nothingman02 wrote:

No.

And this is because no one has any idea what goes into any of the FAKO score formulas.

Hate to say it, but this is like being baffled because one psychic hotline 900 number gave you a different reading from another psychic hotline 900 number.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

unfortunately, that's what happens with those FAKO made-up scores!!  don't pay them any mind.
Message 3 of 8
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

That's a good one HTSU, hadn't heard that one before.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@nothingman02 wrote:

No.

And this is because no one has any idea what goes into any of the FAKO score formulas.

Hate to say it, but this is like being baffled because one psychic hotline 900 number gave you a different reading from another psychic hotline 900 number.
i laughed so hard =)) 

Message 5 of 8
MattH
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@nothingman02 wrote:

No.

LOL!

I think maybe the FAKOS use this method:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 6 of 8
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Hmm...I knew they were not accurate. Thats why I have and follow myfico score. However I had surmised that they'd be a little close to FICO..+/- 20-30. And also that creditchecktotal (experian) was more accurate than truecredit. Dint know they were all ridiculous. They ought to stop 'selling' these scores.
Message 7 of 8
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

They are all absolutely ridiculous. There is no correlation, whatsoever, to a FICO score.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.