cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i'm thinking about using a debt settlement program to slash my debt in half...good or bad idea?

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: i'm thinking about using a debt settlement program to slash my debt in half...good or bad idea?

I tried asking BofA to lower my interest and it was a no-go.  I was paying about 17%.  They recommended this agency, I signed up and it was slashed to 4%.

Message 11 of 13
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: i'm thinking about using a debt settlement program to slash my debt in half...good or bad idea?

JamesMurray:  You're a prime example of people who have had bad things happen to them through no fault of their own.  I really feel for you.  My mom suffers from back pain and it's awful.  I hope you get your settlement and then some.  At that point, you can reassess your finances.  What's most important now is getting healthy. 

I'm not an advocate for Workmens Comp because they like to *stick* it to the good guy.  I've come across so many people who receive it (like my sil) and yank the chain.  This whole system needs reform.  People wait too long for their cases to be heard.  I'm all for reforming this system and cleaning it up.

I've written to them several times to let them know my sis is receiving money AND working full-time under a different SS.  Basically she's robbing the system.  I've never received a reply.  Very disappointing.  The dr. who worked her case was arrested for fraud...and nobody really investigated the full spectrum. 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,  Could you let me know which company you used for your DMP? Thanks, Ann K

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.