Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to know the scoring changes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

i want to know the scoring changes

lets say is i have utilization of xx amount and my score went down 20 points because of that. now if i came down from xx amount to 0 in next statement will my score go up 20 points or more or less? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: i want to know the scoring changes

Nobody can answer that question since there are many variables involved in the <secret> algorithms used by Fico scoring.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

random off topic question. i am new to this forum. how do you show off the cards you have like you have done?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

AWESOME. thanks it worked

Message 5 of 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

lets say is i have utilization of xx amount and my score went down 20 points because of that. now if i came down from xx amount to 0 in next statement will my score go up 20 points or more or less? 

It depends if the change in utilization was sudden. What percentage of your card limits is XX? If you go to zero, it can continue to cause the score calculations to drop, because too many changes takes a while for the score to stabilize, to get used to the "new normal". Even with the XX amount, part of that 20 may come back slowly as positive payments continue and the score gets adjusted to that balance.

What are your scores currently?

To get a good view of your scores, you should try to keep the utilization down, not at completely zero, keep the balances fairly stable, keep making on time payments, and your scores will improve over time, but it does take a long time.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.