Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

improve

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

improve

Long time lurker first time poster. the forums have helped me a lot to improve my overall score from 687 to 760 on 3 credit bureau, but my question is should I stop there or I should continue to try to improve my credit score. I was at 759 last month on my TU, but after removing some accounts reported as double it increased the credit score by 1point. My arc is 19% on TU which TU asks to lower to improve my score. EQ is suing a new account is hurting my score. Need to know what my next step should be. Should if reach for the 800 mark, and how difficult will it be for me to get to 800. Please advice on my next step, on how to improve my credit score.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: improve

Hi nayyer,

Where are you getting your credit scores?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

im getting them from MYFICO.com

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh good.  Then your TU and EQ are real FICO's.  I was concerned when you mentioned " the forums have helped me a lot to improve my overall score from 687 to 760 on 3 credit bureau" because Experian FICO's aren't available here.

760 is a great score - it's generally considered the cutoff for the best rates and offers, so you're doing beautifully.

The comments you receive on the credit reports you receive here - on how to improve your score - are usually the most telling.  So, if TU is commenting that working on your utilization would be helpful, that's a great place to start.  Most folks get their best scores if they have less than 9% overall utilization; and can fine tune that a bit by reporting a less than 9% utilization on one card, with the remaining cards reporting zero balance.  That may bring you a bit of a score bump.

If you give us more information on what accounts you have, you'll get some great feedback here.

Congrats again on your great scores and your hard work!  Very nicely done!!!

Message 4 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Nayyer, dont become just a first-time poster, and welcome!

Obviously,. with your success, we could all beneift from your advice future advice.

It is easy to become FICO-score obsessive.  You maybe would get some kudos from lendors by reaching 780. but I would not closely monitor my monthly, or even quarterly, scores.  You know what matters!

At your level, I would not pay for futher scores until something arose in my credit monitoring of your CR that you know is of score concern.  Keep your CR clean, and FICO scores are just a hobby!

Message 5 of 10
marty56
Super Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Keep your CR clean, and FICO scores are just a hobby!

+1

But at times a very frustraiting one.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a little too anxious over the long weekend to check my real fico. I guess MYFICO.COM really does not post accurate scores. went to a dealership to find out my score and it seems they are listing it as 739 on TU. Should there be a21 point difference from myfico and at the dealership.

Message 7 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Got a little too anxious over the long weekend to check my real fico. I guess MYFICO.COM really does not post accurate scores. went to a dealership to find out my score and it seems they are listing it as 739 on TU. Should there be a21 point difference from myfico and at the dealership.

Are you sure the lender didn't pull an auto-enhanced score?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, but what is a auto enhanced score.

Message 9 of 10
trdmlc
New Contributor

It is the score that lenders use with heavier emphasis on previous auto credit. Here is a link to the thread which defines it in greater detail.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/FICO-Auto-Enhanced-Scores/td-p/228198

Starting Score LENDER PULLS (02/23/10): 587 (TU) 554 (EQ) 562 (EX)
Current Score LENDER PULLS (07/02/10): 651 (TU) 645 (EQ) 669 (EX)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.