Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

info on experian vantage score report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

info on experian vantage score report

Says my vantage score is 782 from experian. Is that good ?..
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: info on experian vantage score report

Hoops, asssessment of a given Vantage score is only useful if your lendor uses Vantage scores in their credit evaluation process.  Vantage scores are totally separate from FICO scores.  They are generated through entirely different scoring algorithms developed separately by the CRAs as a competitive product to FICO scoring.  They are not translatable to FICO comparision, at all.
A vast majority of lendors use FICO, and not other non-FICO scores, such as Vantage, to make credit evaluations.  Most who contribute to this forum rely on FICO, and not non-FICO scores.

So dont expect any substantive input from most on this forum as to the worth of any of the various non-FICO scores.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 05-23-2008 10:32 PM
Message 2 of 6
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

why, oh why would you pay any attention to a score that most lendors dont use?

There is no way to translate a Vantage score into an equivalent FICO score.
Unless your lendor uses Vantage, ignore it.
Message 4 of 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Vantage Score + $15 at MyFico = FICO

Works on all other FAKOs too.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Subtle, but ooh soo true, Marty! 
I purchase and consume store-brand vegetables from the grocery store because no on cares except me. 
But I do not purchase store-brand credit scores because someone else (the lendors) dont know or care that I buy store-brand scores.  They dont consume them..
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.