Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is MYFICO is the REAL FICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

is MYFICO is the REAL FICO?

I signed up for 3 FREE reports ( identityguard, creditkeeper, creditkarma) and all of them have my fico tied @ 653 +- 5 point while MYFico is 687? which is the REAL SCORE?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Macroman
Regular Contributor

Re: is MYFICO is the REAL FICO?

MYFICO has actual FICO scores for Equifax and Transunion. Only lenders can get the Experian FICO.

All the scores are real in the sence that each place that does credit scoring has a set of rules and scoring algorithm based on those rules and they follow them to produce a score.

FICO scores are the most widely accepted by lenders. True FICO scores are only available here. 

I've found that some of the other sites are decent places to monitor balance updates. The fee schedules here are such that I can do without a true FICO score most of the time.

Persoannly I subscribe to the Quarterly monitoring which gives me 4 scores a year from TU and does ongoing weekly monitoring for some signs of identity theft. I'm also a user of Credit Karma and right now FreeCreditReport.com to get daily updates of how the the balances are updating on my CR as I make some larger than typical payments as part of a debt reduction program.

Message 2 of 15
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

@Macroman wrote:

True FICO scores are only available here. 

You can order ScoreWatch/FICO score from Equifax, also, Transunion has a FICO score option(s) at transunioncs.com

---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 3 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

With the exception of the $7.95 deal at Equifax this is the cheapest place to buy your real scores. Just use your head before you buy is all.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I order my Experian scores thru a psychic/card reader. Its a bit more costly than the old days when you could order them here though Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I order my Experian scores thru a psychic/card reader. Its a bit more costly than the old days when you could order them here though Smiley Sad

Ehhh....I think I'd rather spend the cost of a hard INQ to get it from my bank. BOA loves using Experian for pulls and the guy who did my refinance (or any loan officer) would be happy to do a pull for me. But I have too many EX pulls already so I'm going to wait until after November.
Message 6 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I would rather pay for my score or not know it than take a hard INQ. Specially if I knew the other two.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
I would rather pay for my score or not know it than take a hard INQ. Specially if I knew the other two.

Well....I have no problem paying for my score...but when the time comes for me to deal with an EX score, I'll have it handy by then.

Plus, I would still take the hard INQ over paying Miss Cleo an exorbitant amount to get my EX score (LOL).

[and yes, I knew it was a joke the first time.]

Message 8 of 15
Eurosooner7
New Contributor

I always need to throw out the disclaimer that while FICO score are the REAL scores you must give room for a little change. For instance, different lenders rank things differently.

For example, said individual pulls a 650 FICO score but has 75% UTIL. Lender when given approval pulls a 625 because their score is slighted and decresed by higher UTIL. I know this information first hand as I have been affected by it.

Not all lenders do this, but just be prepared when you walk in so you dont have an attack as I did.

FICO Score challenge 2011

1. GOAL 750

2. CURRENT 687 695 679

3 PLANS Decrease UTIL %..Im currently at 75% EEEEKKK!!!
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eurosooner7 wrote:

I always need to throw out the disclaimer that while FICO score are the REAL scores you must give room for a little change. For instance, different lenders rank things differently.

For example, said individual pulls a 650 FICO score but has 75% UTIL. Lender when given approval pulls a 625 because their score is slighted and decresed by higher UTIL. I know this information first hand as I have been affected by it.

Not all lenders do this, but just be prepared when you walk in so you dont have an attack as I did.

I know there is a variance between real FICO scores (i.e. ones from Lenders) and the ones we buy (i.e. the Consumer FICO scores). In my experience, the variance was never that wide as it was a 50 point different, but at most it would be 7-10 going either way. But I like the FICOs because it gives me a strong idea of what to expect when I have to do it for real.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.