cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is capitol one known for reporting on time? with Equifax and Experian?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

is capitol one known for reporting on time? with Equifax and Experian?

is capitol one known for reporting on time? with Equifax and Experian? My statement date us July 11.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Re: is capitol one known for reporting on time? with Equifax and Experian?

I believe they do at least for my Experian report my statement cut on the 22nd of June and Ex is reporting my current balance as of the 22nd. I don't know about EQ since I don't have a current report
Message 2 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

It is my understanding Cap 1 report to the CRAs the day your new statement generates.  My bill is due on the

4th of each month.  The new statement generates on the 10th of each month.  This will be the last month I use my Cap 1 card.  I am going to start using my State Farm card who reports to the CRAs on the 1st of each month. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. I removed my DH as an AU a couple of days ago so I am hoping they remove it from his credit reports. He only needs 9 points to get to 620, and by removing this card he loses 2 30 day lates and 2 60 day lates. It also messes up his AAoA but I've been told 60 day lates matter more.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My capital one balance has not changed since May 2. I reduced my balance by $130 I now only owe $230. But they havent updated on any of CB reports.
Message 5 of 6
aroyal
New Contributor

My Capital one account hasn't been updated on Equifax since May, and my balance went down over $500. Transunion and Experian updated on time when the statement date is.  Equifax is behind in updating my reports

Starting Score: eq 383tu 417
Current Score: eq 577tu 609
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.