Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landsafe used truecredit score / not transunion fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

landsafe used truecredit score / not transunion fico

Hello All,

I am trying to understand mortg credit scoring. My broker pulled my credit using landsafe / myfico EQ and Ex was matched to what I see on there site. But landsafe used my trans truecedit score which is 35 points lower than my Transunion Fico. Anyway for my broker to used myfico Transunion score. it would help me out mortgage rate wise?

Thanks, 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: landsafe used truecredit score / not transunion fico

domnio wrote:
Hello All,

I am trying to understand mortg credit scoring. My broker pulled my credit using landsafe / myfico EQ and Ex was matched to what I see on there site. But landsafe used my trans truecedit score which is 35 points lower than my Transunion Fico. Anyway for my broker to used myfico Transunion score. it would help me out mortgage rate wise?

Thanks, 

There are two versions of TU FICO scores in use right now.  The score you get from myFICO is based on the TU 98 formula.  The score your broker pulled was likely TU 04.

The fact that it was identical to your TC TU score is pure coincidence.  There are no lenders who use TC scores.  Zero. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheddar - Do we have any idea what is different about TU 04 vs. TU 98 that would result in a 35 point difference?

Me with a BK and a few baddies on my reports results in EQ being 25-30 points below EX and TU, even though they all have the same info/TL's.   Can't explain that one either.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boscoe wrote:
Cheddar - Do we have any idea what is different about TU 04 vs. TU 98 that would result in a 35 point difference?

Me with a BK and a few baddies on my reports results in EQ being 25-30 points below EX and TU, even though they all have the same info/TL's.   Can't explain that one either.

Someone else might have a better idea, but I don't.  The only major difference I know of between TU 98 and TU 04 is that the former includes no preset-spending-limit type accounts in revolving utilization, even when they report correctly, while the latter does not.  That's something that would generally work out better for the consumer, though, so I really can't explain why the poster's TU 04 might be 35 points lower.

I am confident, however, that the lender did not pull a TrueCredit score.

Message 4 of 5
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

cheddar wrote:

Boscoe wrote:

Someone else might have a better idea, but I don't.  The only major difference I know of between TU 98 and TU 04 is that the former includes no preset-spending-limit type accounts in revolving utilization, even when they report correctly, while the latter does not.  That's something that would generally work out better for the consumer, though, so I really can't explain why the poster's TU 04 might be 35 points lower.

I am confident, however, that the lender did not pull a TrueCredit score.

And just as another point of reference I recently pulled my TU98 score from here in the AM and my LO pulled TU04 a bit later in the day.

TU98:  680
TU04:  688
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.