jerry

lates removed

I had two 30 day lates removed from about 13 months ago and no score increase. Does that make any sense LOL?
New Contributor
Diamond

Re: lates removed

Maybe it just hadn't changed yet.How long ago were they removed? Is it already reflecting on your credit report?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

[ Edited ]
Has anything else on your reports changed? Are you sure the lates have been removed?

Message Edited by Tuscani on 05-14-2007 06:14 PM
jerry

[ Edited ]
Yes it's showing as removed very strange, and everything else is the same pulled a week apart.

Message Edited by jerry on 05-14-2007 04:35 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

I would think your scores should have changed some.. but 30 day lates don't have that much of an impact... especially over a year old.
Moderator Emeritus
LadyFICO

I believe once they mature to between 12-24 month mark the impact is lessened. Did you notice a slight increase last month when they aged to the 12 month mark?
jerry

No didn't notice anything actually. It's usually two years that really lessens it, but I have seen people get two 30 days removed two years plus old and get 15-20 points. One more unexplained explanation about fico. Go figure.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Every file is different. There are too many variables involved to accurately say how much any single event will fluctuate your score(s).
jerry

Yeah it's funny you get the lates and they don't waste anytime lowering your score, and you get them removed and get nothing. The whole thing seems shady.  Two thirty day lates removed should give some sort of score increase for sure. I wasn't expecting a 50 point jump or anything but to have the same score is ridiculous. If they were 3 or 4 years old I could see it, but this makes no sense; although nothing about fico does really.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

jerry wrote:
Yeah it's funny you get the lates and they don't waste anytime lowering your score, and you get them removed and get nothing. The whole thing seems shady.  Two thirty day lates removed should give some sort of score increase for sure. I wasn't expecting a 50 point jump or anything but to have the same score is ridiculous. If they were 3 or 4 years old I could see it, but this makes no sense; although nothing about fico does really.

I think most consumers forget how much if an impact age has. A 30 day late from last month that was deleted this month would surely have more of an impact than someone in your situation.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}