Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

length of credit history, - only good?

tag
alpha916
Established Member

length of credit history, - only good?

Any reason why my credit history wouldn't rate "great"? I am 28 years old and have had credit since I was 18.

From myfico:

your oldest account was opened 7 Years, 5 Months ago FICO High Achievers [?] opened their oldest account 19 years ago, on average. Average age of your accounts 3 years Most FICO High Achievers [?] have an average age of accounts between 6 and 12 years.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: length of credit history, - only good?

@alpha916 wrote:

Any reason why my credit history wouldn't rate "great"? I am 28 years old and have had credit since I was 18.

From myfico:

your oldest account was opened 7 Years, 5 Months ago FICO High Achievers [?] opened their oldest account 19 years ago, on average. Average age of your accounts 3 years Most FICO High Achievers [?] have an average age of accounts between 6 and 12 years.

I don't ever really think about my ratings on those reports. I have 1 "very good" on my TU and 2 "very good"on my EQ so it's not a big concern. As far as i know lenders don't look at any of those. They look at the bottom line (so to speak) to make credit decisions.

Just work on doing all the right things and you'll be fine.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 3
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: length of credit history, - only good?

@alpha916 wrote:

This old man is going to make you feel really good. Smiley Very Happy  I am 40 years older than you,  my oldest account is 19 yrs, and my aaoa is 7 yrs and my credit only shows "very good".   I don't think I will get into the "great" area anytime soon either.  So, as MVV said, don't worry about it.  Just keep your credit clean and you will get there.  Good luck to you. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.