Reply
Senior Contributor
imducky
Posts: 3,432
Registered: ‎08-27-2007
0

loan shopping & fico deduplication

ok scenario,
 
a poster app'd an auto loan at nfcu, they pulled ex and eq. approved.
 
next day, additional pulls on ex and eq. now a total of 4 pulls!
 
since fico doesn't hold cu issued cc's in as high esteme as bank issued cc's, will fico see this as auto loan shopping and deduplicate, or since it's a cu pull will fico just start deducting points?
Valued Contributor
ivyalmighty
Posts: 1,451
Registered: ‎03-19-2008
0

Re: loan shopping & fico deduplication

What a GREAT question, Ducky! :smileywink:
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy
Posts: 9,252
Registered: ‎03-19-2007
0

Re: loan shopping & fico deduplication

Number of INQ's and De-duplication of scores are IMO 2 different things-
 
The example you gave in score count as 1 each-
 
I have 5 Amex INQ's on EX from June to March- only 1 counts in scoring-
 
INQ's from the same source de-duplicate in scoring

dnm45227 wrote:
ok scenario,
 
a poster app'd an auto loan at nfcu, they pulled ex and eq. approved.
 
next day, additional pulls on ex and eq. now a total of 4 pulls!
 
since fico doesn't hold cu issued cc's in as high esteme as bank issued cc's, will fico see this as auto loan shopping and deduplicate, or since it's a cu pull will fico just start deducting points?



Senior Contributor
imducky
Posts: 3,432
Registered: ‎08-27-2007
0

Re: loan shopping & fico deduplication

saw fused pointed you in the right direction, hope you get it worked out. given nfcu's awesome cs rep, maybe a call could get them to verify, code, or recode properly.
Senior Contributor
imducky
Posts: 3,432
Registered: ‎08-27-2007
0

Re: loan shopping & fico deduplication



Timothy wrote:
 
 
I have 5 Amex INQ's on EX from June to March- only 1 counts in scoring-
 
 



i had no idea the dedup window was that broad!
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy
Posts: 9,252
Registered: ‎03-19-2007
0

Re: loan shopping & fico deduplication

[ Edited ]
I have 11 INQ's on EX- in the last 12 months
 
Anyone guess how many are taken into account in my score?
- 4
 
• CBSD/UFC Date:   March 25, 2008
 
• AMEX    Date:   March 18, 2008
 
• CAP ONE    Date:   March 18, 2008
 
• WASH MUTUAL/PROVIDIAN    Date:   February 7, 2008
 
• AMEX Date:   January 14, 2008
 
• AMEX Date:   December 20, 2007
 
• ARIZONA FCU Date:   December 20, 2007
 
• ARIZONA FCU Date:   October 10, 2007
 
• ARIZONA FCU Date:   July 7, 2007
 
• CHRISTIAN COMM CU/LSI    Date:   June 25, 2007
 
• AMEX Date:   June 22, 2007
 
 


Message Edited by Timothy on 03-31-2008 09:39 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy
Posts: 9,252
Registered: ‎03-19-2007
0

Re: loan shopping & fico deduplication

Well the de-dup window is wide-
But the Hit just takes longer to revover from-
 
Instead of getting those points back in June- I will need to wait until March !!!!!!!!

dnm45227 wrote:


Timothy wrote:
 
 
I have 5 Amex INQ's on EX from June to March- only 1 counts in scoring-
 
 



i had no idea the dedup window was that broad!



Senior Contributor
imducky
Posts: 3,432
Registered: ‎08-27-2007
0

Re: loan shopping & fico deduplication

so it seems the dedup window is the full year? btw i count 5 sources how does that add up to 4?
 


Timothy wrote:
I have 12 INQ's on EX- in the last 12 months
 
Anyone guess how many are taken into account in my score?
- 4
 
• CBSD/UFC Date:   March 25, 2008
 
• AMEX    Date:   March 18, 2008
 
• CAP ONE    Date:   March 18, 2008
 
• WASH MUTUAL/PROVIDIAN    Date:   February 7, 2008 
 
• CHRISTIAN COMM CU/LSI    Date:   June 25, 2007
 
 



Valued Contributor
ivyalmighty
Posts: 1,451
Registered: ‎03-19-2008
0

Re: loan shopping & fico deduplication

timothy,
How do you KNOW they only count as four? Is there somewhere I can look at mine & see how they are counted???
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy
Posts: 9,252
Registered: ‎03-19-2007
0

Re: loan shopping & fico deduplication

opps 5-

dnm45227 wrote:
so it seems the dedup window is the full year? btw i count 5 sources how does that add up to 4?
 


Timothy wrote:
I have 12 INQ's on EX- in the last 12 months
 
Anyone guess how many are taken into account in my score?
- 4
 
• CBSD/UFC Date:   March 25, 2008
 
• AMEX    Date:   March 18, 2008
 
• CAP ONE    Date:   March 18, 2008
 
• WASH MUTUAL/PROVIDIAN    Date:   February 7, 2008 
 
• CHRISTIAN COMM CU/LSI    Date:   June 25, 2007
 
 







myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}