Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost 30 points & need help finding out why

tag
mt2va
Established Contributor

Re: lost 30 points & need help finding out why

I wish I had understood that part a little better.  I admit to being a little app crazy as I haven't been able to qualify for a credit card in over 5 years.  And in between all that bought a car & re-financed it.  I'm going to lay low now at least until next year when I lose some of my inquiries and get some of my age back.  I'm currently 2 months short of the 4 years which I know is not good.  I really don't need any more credit cards but would like to get one from a prime bank as my only major CC (not store cards) are with NFCU which they are great but I would like a card from Citi or somewhere to add to the mix. 
Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 11 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: lost 30 points & need help finding out why

Try to get your AAoA above 4 and then keep it above 4. That will help you out. When you add up all the new account dings and the cummulative AAoA's hit it adds up to real points. The good news is you can get them back, plus more, and it is all under your control! My app'ing is frozen right now in order to allow my AAoA's time to recover. We all have to give it a rest for a while sometimes!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.