cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost credit cards- lower age of credit accounts?

tag
equality

lost credit cards- lower age of credit accounts?

In the last nine months I have had my wallet stolen and I also lost my wallet.

Each time I cancelled my 3cc's. And the CC companies sent me replacements What Ive noticed on my reports is that each replacement card is reported with the replacement date affecting the age of my accounts! so basically I have three CC accounts but it shows like I have 9! I don't understand how getting a REPLACEMENT card for the same account with the same balance and credit limit, is reported as a separate account each time and then to top it off my account age gets lowered!

where is the logic?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: lost credit cards- lower age of credit accounts?

Even Transunion did this huh? Unfortunate and it makes no sense. You might try having the issuer delete the lost card from your reports but you run the risk of who knows what once these morons do what they do. Lost or stolen is a tough dispute as you run the risk of a fraud alert. If you decide to escalate your phone call to the CCC you run the risk of a CLD or outright closure. Sorry you got dealt a bad hand here.
Message 2 of 3
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Re: lost credit cards- lower age of credit accounts?

I would call the CCC. This may depend on how you informed them of the stolen/lost cards. If you did in fact cancel (close) your cards the ccc may have issued you new accounts. This would be unfortunate. Call and find out what the ccc did with your cards. They should have replaced your lost/stolen card with a new card and number, but kept the same account.

Good Luck. 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.